birding-aus

Wader ID ?pectoral sandpipers - Princetown

To: Andrew Bell <>, Birding Aus <>
Subject: Wader ID ?pectoral sandpipers - Princetown
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 10:51:33 -0800 (PST)
Hi Andrew,

Correct, Pectoral Sandpipers.

Nikolas

----------------
Nikolas Haass

Sydney, NSW

________________________________
From: Andrew Bell <>
To: Birding Aus <>
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 11:17 PM

Hi all,

I am briefly holidaying in Western Victoria and don't have my wader book. I
photographed these two at Princetown today at the lake on the left before the
turnoff into the town- the bill length  length and colour and leg colour
suggest Pectoral Sandpiper to me, I would love a more experienced opinion.

See photos at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andrewianbell/

(double click on thumbnails to enlarge)

Thanks