birding-aus

Brown SongLark now a Grassbird

To: martin cachard <>, greg clancy <>, "" <>
Subject: Brown SongLark now a Grassbird
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 19:52:58 -0800 (PST)
Hi Martin, Mark et al.

As I stated in an earlier e-mail, looking at the last picture alone I would say
Little Grassbird (and agree with Martin). In one of the earlier pictures there
is also some streaking on the lower flanks and on the crown (as also seen in
the last picture), which would speak against Tawny Grassbird. Also, as Chris
and others suggested, the bill speaks against Tawny Grassbird, too. Mark told
me that he did not see the bird sing and that the song he heard and described
may have been sung by another bird. This means that we can't use the song to
rule out Little Grassbird.

Cheers,

Nikolas

Nikolas Haass