birding-aus

Handbook of Birds of the World.Vol 16.

To: <>
Subject: Handbook of Birds of the World.Vol 16.
From: "Neil Cheshire" <>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 00:03:43 +1030
John,

 You asked why volumes like these are still being produced as physical books.
Some of us still like the smell of printer's ink and being able to read and own
a beautifully produced book with superb images and illustrations. I am
fortunate to have a set of ornithological books 170 years old and in good
condition. I wonder if anything published today solely on CD-Rom will still be
around in 170 years time?

Meanwhile, just where at my place am I going to find space to fit in my new
bookcase?

Neil Cheshire