birding-aus

Any birding tips for Parkes, NSW?

Subject: Any birding tips for Parkes, NSW?
From: Harry Nyström <>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 21:11:21 +0200
Hello again,

Just to let you know: it is now confirmed that Markku will have a car to
his use on Sunday 2nd and would like to know if there are any good birding
spots within a 200-300 km radius on Parkes - especially thinking from a
photography point-of-view?

If he doesn't come up with a good spot, he'll go to Forbes Gum Swamp for
the 4th time in a row. He's got around 200 ticks in NSW so far, but I
reckon not many inland species. Any good pinpoint spots for example for
White-winged Fairy Wren, Crimson Chat, Major Mitchell's Cockatoo or
Turquoise Parrot etc. (just to name a few missing ticks)? His latest new
ticks include e.g. a Superb Parrot and an Australian Ringneck in Forbes Gum
Swamp a month ago. And are Freckled Ducks possible from anywhere else
"nearby" than Forbes Gum Swamp? He hasn't been able to spot one there
although he has tried and tried.

Cheers,
-Harry