birding-aus

Birdshoot Book

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Birdshoot Book
From: Russ <>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:57:15 +1100
Hi everyone

Keep Calm ... and read on. This isn't about bird hunting! It's about a book.

*In September, 2010, retired school principal Gary Oliver set off on a
12-month Challenge to break the record for photographing the most
Australian bird species in a single year. With his support team of one
(wife, Glenda) they clocked up over 55,000 kms and visited every state and
territory.*

This week sees the official release of Gary's book about the
quest, "Birdshoot Australia". It documents the trip, the successul
capturing of 518 species on film, and of course has many of those photos
included. You can find out more about the book and the journey on Gary's
website:

 www.birdshootaustralia.blogspot.com

 I haven't yet seen the book myself but I'm hoping to get a couple of
copies for our libraries in Geelong.

Regards

Russell Woodford
Birding-Aus List Owner