birding-aus

2012 Birdlife Victoria Twitchathon - social media

To: <>
Subject: 2012 Birdlife Victoria Twitchathon - social media
From: "Paul Dodd" <>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 22:34:44 +1100
Hi everyone,

The other day I asked which teams in the 2012 Birdlife Victoria Twitchathon
would be using social media - Twitter, Facebook and so on.

Currently here's all I know of:

Last year's winning (and record-breaking) team the Robin Rednecks will be
using Twitter. You can follow their progress using Michael Ramsey's Twitter
tag: @Bronzewing01.

The Gang Gang Gang (just Ruth and me this year) will be tweeting too. Follow
Ruth on @Falconet69 and me on @PaulGDodd - both accounts are linked to
Facebook so you can alternatively follow our status updates on Facebook. I
can be found on http://www.facebook.com/paulgdodd and Ruth on
http://www.facebook.com/ruthhwoodrow. You will need to request friendship
first, if you are not already our Facebook friends. I will probably be
tweeting considerably less than Ruth as I will be doing the driving.

For those Facebook friends of Dirk Tomsa from the Lemon-bellied Honeyeaters
in the 8-hour event, he tells me that he will be posting occasional status
updates to Facebook.

If there are any other teams that will be tweeting or otherwise updating
their progress, please let us know!

Good luck everyone - the 24-hour event starts tomorrow at 4pm, and the
8-hour event is run on Sunday.

Paul Dodd

Docklands, Victoria