birding-aus

Revamped on new server: http://www.xeno-canto.org/

To: <>
Subject: Revamped on new server: http://www.xeno-canto.org/
From: colin trainor <>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 20:06:25 +0930

Forwarded message from Xeno-canto:

Feel free to upload your recordings.

http://www.xeno-canto.org/

Latest News

November  9, 2012

And here we are!  Welcome to a completely revamped xeno-canto on a brand new
server.

You are looking at the result of the most drastic change to
xeno-canto after the start in 2005.  Countless changes have been made to
 the code.

There were a number of pressing reasons to overhaul XC completely.
First and foremost: we were running out of storage space on the old
server. Other reasons: increasing use was slowing us down; new,
attractive and fast web technology has appeared that was not compatible
with the old server;  a growing list of improvements suggested by users.

There are just too many changes to mention them all here. Most of you
 will notice that the branches have gone, but check the "explore" menu
for substitute pages.  The sonograms are all new, the maps are all new,
the spotlights are all new, the upload procedure is all new... ah well,
 just take a look around and try to figure it all out.  We'll point out
some changes in the weeks and months to come.

But of course, behind all of this change the spirit and aims of XC
remain very much unchanged.  We think we are well positioned for the
next 5 years or so of XC and as always you are all invited to
contribute!!

the XC team: Bob, Sander, Jonathon and Willem-Pier