birding-aus

Cairns Esplanade development (Cairns Post)

To: " >> Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Cairns Esplanade development (Cairns Post)
From: Ian Cowan <>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 06:59:07 +1000

No one is going to create a sandy beach by dumping mud=dredging spoil on
top of the mud that is already there, and if they tried and did not
create a wall around it it would just slide back into the channel they
have just dredged - this is just a furphy - there was assertive local
opposition about 30 years ago when developers wanted to build islands
out on the mudflats - I am sure this would happen again if the dredge
spoil was destined to be dumped there - don't get your heart rate up by
getting worried about it, it is not going to happen
Ian Cowan
Clifton Beach