birding-aus

Lima, Peru

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Lima, Peru
From: Dave Torr <>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 09:34:17 +1100
Many thanks to all who responded to my RFI. We had a day in Lima
(Miraflores district) before joining a Tropical Birding tour, We
started our day by visiting the local park (Parque Kennedy) where we
found Vermilion Flycatcher and Amazalia Hummingbird amongst other
birds. We then walked to the cliff tops, from which we spotted Inca
Tern, Peruvian Pelican and Booby and various gulls. After brunch in
Miraflores Clifftops shopping centre we took a taxi (40 soles) to the
Pantanas de Villa where the entrance fee was 8 soles. We walked around
the extensive site for around 6 hours, picking up birds such as Black
Skimmer, Plumbeous Rail, and other wetland birds. In all we picked up
52 species for the day - plus a few we could not identify of course.