birding-aus

Kyneton, Victoria - Birding Info please

Subject: Kyneton, Victoria - Birding Info please
From: Lawrie Conole <>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 19:19:56 +1000
Hi Angus

I live in Woodend, about 10km south of Kyneton. It's not really a birding hotspot! ... but there are pleasant strolls to be had, and a range of woodland/forest birds to be seen. To combine a bit of Australian cinematic history, gorgeous landscape, woodland birds and a stroll, try Hanging Rock.

http://www.visitmacedonranges.com/natural-attractions/hanging-rock/about-the-reserve/

cheers -- Lawrie

I would be indebted to birding-aus readers for information on a rather limited
birding plan in the near vicinity of Kyneton, Victoria.My timing is weekend of
10th/11th November. As the purpose of my/our trip is to baby sit our grandson
during a quick family visit to Vic from Qld, some of you will understand that I
will be be confined to a shortish early morning drive and a 3 hours or so walk.
  I am not usually so specific, but would very much like to combine one pleasure
with another. Thanks, Angus Innes.

--
Lawrie Conole
30 Forest Street