birding-aus

Eastern Koel Has Arrived

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Eastern Koel Has Arrived
From: "Robyn H" <>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 16:22:49 +1000
The same male Eastern Koel comes to my place each year.  He has a peculiar call
which identifies him.

He is here in Maroochydore SEQ today, I think this being the earliest he has
ever arrived.  His latest arrival was mid-November a few years ago.  The female
usually arrives first, but since the one who came for about 8 or 9 years died,
the new one does not spend much time in my yard, so I cannot tell if she has
arrived.  I have not heard any other calls except his.

Cheers

Robyn