birding-aus

The effects of plastic on seabirds and other sea life - Quantum

Subject: The effects of plastic on seabirds and other sea life - Quantum
From: Sonja Ross <>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 21:34:17 +1000
The amount of plastic floating about really is frightening.  I was in Svalbard
in July and right up in the north where no-one lives, there were bits of
plastic on the beaches, at the base of bird cliffs, and at I think all the
places where we were able to go ashore.  As we rushed to get back in our
zodiacs when a polar bear was sighted, there was a medication bottle and other
plastic on the ground too.  Do we really need to have everything packaged in so
much plastic?