birding-aus

Any Interest in a Manus Island Pitta Trip?

Subject: Any Interest in a Manus Island Pitta Trip?
From: Albert Low <>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 18:32:09 +0800
Hi all,
       Apologies in advance if this is considered an off-topic posting in
this mailing list. I will be in Brisbane in early October and am
considering doing a short trip of about 4-5 days from Brisbane to Manus
Island off the coast of PNG to see Superb Pitta. The dates I am looking at
are between 5 October and 10 October and the logistics will be organised
with the aid of Phil and Sue Gregory from Sicklebill Safaris. I am
presently looking for between 1 to 3 individuals to form a small group to
cost-share. A 5 day trip would allow 2 full days on the island itself and a
night either way in Port Moresby, with the option to visit either Varirata
or PAU for a day trip. If anyone is interested and needs more information,
please contact me off-list.

Good Birding,