birding-aus

Apologies to silent readers regarding dissent on the upcoming environmen

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Apologies to silent readers regarding dissent on the upcoming environmental apocalypse
From: "Jeremy O'Wheel" <>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 12:06:12 +1000
Dear silent readers of birding-aus,

I am writing to apologise profusely for responding to the claims of an
imminent environmental collapse.  I have frequently engaged in
that’s-not-a-birding-email rage at my computer, and understand the
annoyance.  I was foolish and naïve in responding to an email that I
thought (and still think) was mistaken.  I also foolishly believed that
people would read the content, rather than the 3 word subjective phrase at
the end of my email, and even, you’ll laugh when you hear how stupid I was,
thought that people would know the difference between “not too bad” and
“not bad.”  Clearly I have been mistaken in these assumptions.  If it is
any consolation to you, silent reader, I have received far more private
emails on this topic than have been sent through birding-aus.

Of course I completely stand by what I wrote, and will continue to respond
to private emails on this topic, if only to correct people on the large
list of things that I have not said, but perhaps can be interpreted from my
email if you translate it into Tibetan and then back to English, print it
out, spill coffee on it, feed it your dog, and then read it.  However I
think responses on this topic (and any topic that isn’t explicitly birding
related) annoy a lot of people, including (especially) me, and should be
avoided, and I do regret starting off such a deluge of emails, so I hope
you can accept my apology, and that the people who do respond can do so
privately.

Upmost sincerity,

Jeremy O’Wheel