birding-aus

Bicentennial Park, Sydney

To: "" <>, "" <>
Subject: Bicentennial Park, Sydney
From: Troy Mutton <>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 02:53:46 +0000
Hi Susan,

I was at Mason Park on Saturday, introducing some new birders to birding, and
it's still quite full, with no waders - there was an adult Red-kneed Dotterel,
but apart from that, nothing outside the ordinary. The Plover island only had
Masked Lapwings, and I couldn't see any Snipe. No Sharpies or any of the other
usual suspects there. I guess last weekend was still a bit early for them (at
work, don't have access to my records etc). I didn't go to the bird hide, but I
hear that there are some Godwits about. The Triangle Pond has a pair of
Hardhead, and nesting swans, but is way too full for crakes/rails. I'll be back
at Mason Park in 2 weeks to see what else is there, but if you find anything of
interest, I'd be keen to hear.

Cheers

Troy

Message: 9