birding-aus

KittyCam

To: 'David Adams' <>, Birding-Aus <>
Subject: KittyCam
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 09:40:36 +1000
44% at least stalked, that sounds more believable, but it still seems too low.
I wonder if this reflects prey availability. It might be difficult to tell if a
cat is searching for prey but not finding any.

Australian figures might well be quite different, given that lack of equivalent
native predators here, and the resulting lack of natural defences in native
animals.

"hypnotized by cats" is a good description of some of the deniers I've come
across.

Peter Shute