birding-aus

Birding near Orange, NSW

Subject: Birding near Orange, NSW
From: Harry Nyström <>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 23:03:49 +0300
Hello everyone,

I would like to thank everyone who has replyed to my enquiry about birding
locations and local birds near Orange, NSW. I've received a lot of good
information, which I will use to my best ability during our stay in and
around Blayney. I am dumbfound by your hospitality and kindness. I've even
had several people to offer to guide us if our schedules match, which is
absolutely fantastic. I hope I can return the favor at least to someone who
will visit Finland in the future.

By the way, the second Sunday that was tentatively reserved for Capertee
Valley, might instead be spent in the Wollongong pelagic, at least if my
colleague can decide. He is _very_ interested in adjoining the 7:00 cruise
regardless of the 4-5 hour drive. We'll see what happens.

And finally, I have one more question that has risen to my mind:

Can you think of a list of species that are difficult or very difficult to
detect without familiarizing their call/song? You know, species that are
more easily heard than seen? And I don't mean the rainforest fauna, as I am
not visiting any such place, but the fauna found near Orange-Blayney-Forbes
area. The reason why I am asking this is that I will try to download some
bird sounds to my mobile phone, and I would like to be able to memorize
them. It's absolutely certain that I'm way over my head if I will try to
learn them all. I would like to narrow it down a bit.

Best Regards,
-Harry