birding-aus

(no subject)

Subject: (no subject)
From: "Bob & Penne Carr" <>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 16:47:37 +1000
Hi,

Just after 10.00 am this morning on the Olympic Highway approximately 40kms
north of Wagga Wagga we saw a Superb Parrot fly over the road in front of
us.   A couple of kilometres further south we saw 2 Superb Parrots fly out
of trees by the roadside.   Unusual sighting for this time of the year in
this area.

In the same area a Spotted Harrier was working the roadside verge a metre
or so from the road, oblivious of the passing Highway traffic.

An amazing number of waterbirds in the swamps on both sides of the Highway
between Forbes and Marsden.   A large number of White-necked Herons in
particular.

*Bob & Penne Carr*
*Wagga Wagga*