birding-aus

RFI: cape york 4WD hire

To: Chris Ross <>
Subject: RFI: cape york 4WD hire
From: Laurie Knight <>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 21:38:28 +1000
What time of year are you planning to drive up there Peter?

If you go in the dry season and don't try to ford the Jardine River (or perhaps traverse the old telegraph road - you wouldn't want to cross Gunshot Creek) then river crossings aren't such an issue. I drove a Subaru into the Iron Range, out to Captain Billy Landing, to Vrilya Point and Cape York ...

Regards, Laurie.