birding-aus

New iPhone App for data recording

To: Birding Aus mail list <>
Subject: New iPhone App for data recording
From: Henry Cook <>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 00:16:14 +1000
Hello all,
A new app has been released that allows the user to record their natural
history observations quickly and easily. The auto-complete list has all
Australian mammals, reptiles, frogs and birds as well as most of the
dragonflies and butterflies (if you're that way inclined). You can then email
your sightings to yourself for safe keeping. I won't try and tell you all about
it.... you can go here (the link below) if you're interested.
http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/sightings/id539447284?mt=8

For those who aren't the slightest bit interested in that sort of thing-
perhaps some bird photos? I managed to get a few decent images of the beautiful
and elusive Western Shrike-tit a few weekends ago just outside of Perth at a
fairly well known spot for them. The link to their flickr set is here:
m("N08/sets/72157630711194338/with/7629316042/","//www.flickr.com/photos/54876436");">http:

All the best,
Henry