birding-aus

Belanglo access (NSW)

To: Peter Shute <>
Subject: Belanglo access (NSW)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 15:01:57 +1000
Peter

On the pdf link that you have included are details of which topographic maps to
use and there is
also a another link "Satellite map".
If you click on that link it will take you to a more recent map which is
consistent with both
GoogleMaps and the topographic maps.
The original track notes were written in 1999, I'm not surprised things have
changed since then.
I checked with Land and Property information and they advised me the section of
road through the
Forest was changed in 2010. I can't comment on access being restricted, however
it is a working
forest, so I guess that happens from time to time during timber harvesting.
The information on the website you mentioned is now maintained by the Illawarra
Bird Observers
Club.

cheers
Chris Chafer