birding-aus

I wasn't paranoid after all.

To: Birding-Aus Aus <>
Subject: I wasn't paranoid after all.
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 19:25:35 +1000
Dear All,

I thought that I was being paranoid, thinking that there will be a return to duck hunting in NSW. It seems that BirdLife Austtralia thinks so as well, This is from their latest e-news :

Reintroduction of duck and quail hunting in NSW
The NSW Government has just passed legislation that will allow recreational hunting of feral animals in the state’s national parks and reserves. Don’t be fooled. The decision has nothing to do with good conservation management — it’s the thin end of the wedge in the Shooters and Fishers Party’s desire to increase their supporters’ rights to shoot whatever they like, wherever they like.

Next on their agenda is the reintroduction of duck and quail hunting in NSW. While the Shooters and Fishers Party is speaking of this as though it’s a done deal, Premier Barry O’Farrell has not made a public announcement of support.

NOW is the time to write to Premier O’Farrell and State MPs to let them know that you oppose any reintroduction of duck and quail hunting and that you deplore the decision to allow recreational hunting in conservation reserves.

Carl Clifford