birding-aus

Birdline ACT Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline ACT Weekly Update
Date: 2 Jul 2012 01:31:00 +1000

Birdline ACT

Published sightings for the week ending 1 Jul 2012.

Sat 30 Jun Brown Gerygone, Red-browed Treecreeper Australian National Botanic Gardens
At least 2 Brown Gerygone in a MFF with Brown Thornbills. Red-browed Treecreeper (1) still around. Very noisily climbing a E. vimilalis at the western end of the rainforest gully. Also male Rose Robin still present near CSIRO gate.
Alastair Smith

Fri 29 Jun Pink Robin Australian National Botanic Gardens
A brown plumaged Pink Robin was observed briefly in thick understorey in section 62 of the Australian National Botanic Gardens. This is on the south side of the Rain Forest Gully, adjacent to the uppermost wooden bridge.
PJ Milburn

Wed 27 Jun Diamond Firetail, Southern Whiteface Urambi Hills
Diamond Firetails in a mixed feeding flock with Southern Whiteface, Yellow-rumped Thornbills, Grey Shrike Thrush and Flame Robins
Michael Robbins

Tue 26 Jun Brown Gerygone Australian National Botanic Gardens
Brown Gerygone (2) seen today at the top of the Rainforst Gully.
Brendan Sheean

Mon 25 Jun Red-browed Treecreeper Australian National Botanic Gardens
Two Red-browed Treecreepers were feeding in a large E. viminalis at the top end of the Rainforest Gully this morning at the ANBG. They departed northwards toward the Eucalypt Lawn.
PJ Milburn

Brown Gerygone Australian National Botanic Gardens
Following yesterday's report, I was at the rainforest gully in the ANBG this morning and located a group of 4 Brown Gerygones. They were adjacent to section 123. Two were adults and two were first winter birds.
PJ Milburn

Sun 24 Jun Brown Gerygone, Rose Robin ANBG
There was a single Brown Gerygone at the gardens this morning. We saw it on the edge of the main rainforest gully, just up from the Brittle Gum Lawn. I picked it up on call, and everyone on this morning's COG outing had a look at it. We also saw the male Rose Robin over near the CSIRO gate, where other folks had seen it earlier this week. We also saw a female about 100m back towards the visitors centre from the male. No sign of the Red-browed Treecreeper, although we couldn't recall exactly where others had seen it.
Anthony Overs

Eurasian Skylark Kellys Swamp & Jerrabomberra Wetlands, Fyshwick
2 Eurasian Skylark in the cattle paddocks.
Alastair Smith

Fan-tailed Cuckoo Campbell Park
Observed one and heard a second one not far away but could not find the second bird at 2:45pm
Lindell Emerton

Birdline ACT is sponsored by Eremaea Birds and co-ordinated and hosted by Eremaea Birds.