birding-aus

Topo maps on iPad

To: Birding-Aus Aus <>
Subject: Topo maps on iPad
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 17:07:45 +1000
Many thanks to all those who responded to my RFI re running topo maps on an
iPad.
I decided on Avenza PDF Maps, on the basis of features, price (free) and that
the app can download Geosciences Australia's 1:250k maps, also for free. I am
not sure if all the Geosciences sheets are available, but I have found every
sheet I have looked for so far. There are quite a few other free maps available
for download as well.

The topo maps I have downloaded so far are very clear and you can zoom down
fairly deeply and retain full clarity.

Cheers,

Carl Clifford

Sent from my iPad