birding-aus

IOC 3.1 Pied/Torresian Imperial Pigeon

To: Mike Carter <>, birding-aus threads <>, "frank o'connor (perth)" <>
Subject: IOC 3.1 Pied/Torresian Imperial Pigeon
From: martin cachard <>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 00:02:34 +1030
Hello Mike, Frank & everyone else, Sorry for my late input & I'm not sure if
this Pied/Torresian Imperial Pigeon discussion has been taken off-list, but I
suspect it has. I would like to add the following commnets: Here in Cairns from
my own observations, it has to be said that a very many individuals of
Torresian Imperial Pigeon have indeed a rather rich lemon-yellow belly, vent &
undertail, complete with various black markings from the vent down.They even
have this pale golden colour showing on the underside of wings including the
coverts, & this can be seen quite clearly at times also showing on the
upperside of the wings, especially close to the body on the secondaries. I must
say that this yellow plumage, in my own humble opinion, is not dealt with
correctly in HANZAB. I have my own images of such individuals & they are adult
birds. Anyone is welcome to see these pics. I hope that this does add, somewhat
belatedly, to Mike & Frank's on-line discussion re "orange" vents i
 n the Kimberley... Cheers for now,   Martin Cachard,   Cairns,   0428 782 808