birding-aus

Princess Parrot update from Newhaven

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Princess Parrot update from Newhaven
From: "Josef Schofield" <>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 13:38:40 +0930
Hello from Newhaven,

It's very cold out here now in the desert and the Princess Parrots that have
spectacularly graced Newhaven with their presence are now becoming much more
difficult to locate.

Newhaven is now back to business as usual. We are no longer guiding trips in
search of the parrots however our beautiful campground is still open to
visitors and the informative self guided tour notes are available for anyone
interested.

We are again focusing on our conservation/land management program which
includes activities such as fire management, erosion control weed management
and old fence removal. A big job!

We would again like to thank Peter and Toni who put in a great effort
guiding people on trips to view the parrots. Their efforts are much
appreciated by us and I'm sure by the people who spent time with them.

Thanks to everyone that has come to visit Newhaven, we feel lucky to have
been able to provide the opportunity for people to experience a rare moment
in the sand dunes with such a beautiful rare animal.

Kind Regards,

Josef Schofield and Danae Moore

Newhaven Sanctuary Managers

Australian Wildlife Conservancy.