birding-aus

Birding in England in April/May trip report

To: <>
Subject: Birding in England in April/May trip report
From: Philip Maher <>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 09:07:50 +1000
Hello
I was in England recently for six weeks. While not a birding trip as
such, I did get some birding in whenever I could. The main areas visited
were Minsmere RSPB Reserve in Suffolk, Bolton Abbey on the Yorkshire Dales
and Bempton Cliffs RSPB Reserve on the Yorkshire coast, as well as days here
and there, particularly in Kent, where we were based. There is a very
self-indulgent trip report at  http://www.philipmaher.com/ENGLAND2012.html
Some crude, unedited footage of dippers, puffins, guillemots and razorbills
etc is on YouTube:  http://www.youtube.com/user/AOS3141

I¹m currently in the Pilbara area, NW WA, visiting my son for  a few weeks.
It¹s been an unusually wet June up here. We¹ve spent some time exploring
Karijini and Millstream Chichester National Parks, the mangroves around
Karratha, and doing a spot of fishing out at sea. Best birds so far have
grey falcon first day out and the Pilbara form of striated grasswren. A trip
report will appear sometime soon.

Cheers
Philip Maher
Deniliquin, NSW.