birding-aus

My new website.

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: My new website.
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 16:21:52 +1000
Over the past few months I have been steadily building a new personal website
and it has now got to a stage where I am happy to make it public.

See http://www.photos-n-guides.com/

The purpose of the website is to be an adjunct to my nature photography as well
as an educational resource for both myself and anyone else who is interested in
the Australian natural environment. My personal education comes from studying
my photos and then working out how to display and describe what I am seeing and
learning. It is my hope that my musings and photographic examples can help
reveal to other people some of the mysteries involved in accurate
identification of, mainly, Australia’s birds as well as to show what other
natural wonders there are to look for whenever the ‘birding’ is slow.

This new website contains the material that was on my old website but a lot of
it has been updated and expanded. I have also added a few new topics.
Included on the website at the moment are articles on:

identifying Wandering Tattlers;
identifying South Island Pied Oystercatcher;
rhynchokenesis;
shorebird bills;
the birds of Bowra Station;
identifying Lesser Crested Terns from Crested Terns;
the plumage phases of Silver Gulls;
regurgitation (in glorious technicolour) in shorebirds;
using the toes of Collared Sparrowhawk and Brown Goshawk for identification;
identification tips for the white egrets;
some frogs of Australia;
some wildflowers of Bribie Island.

The big plan is to add lots more stuff.
But right now I’m going to take a break from web-site building and go looking
for things to photograph instead.

Bob Inglis
Sandstone Point
Qld