birding-aus

Sydney owls

To: <>, <>
Subject: Sydney owls
From: <>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 13:23:56 +1000
Hi,

I'd suggest sugar gliders which have a persistent "yip   yip   yip   yip ...",
among other warbles, gurgles and mutterings. I have theard them do this yipping
at an even pace for hours. They also sometimes do a "yip-yip" the same pace as
a Barking Owl's call, but higher pitched

Cheers,

Eric Vanderduys
Technical Officer
CSIRO Ecosystem Sciences
Phone: +61 7 4753 8529 | Fax: +61 7 4753 8600 | Mobile: 0437 330 961
 | www.csiro.au |
www.csiro.au/people/Eric.Vanderduys.html
Address: CSIRO, PMB PO, Aitkenvale, Qld 4814. Deliveries: CSIRO, ATSIP, Bld 145
James Cook Drive, James Cook University Douglas Campus, Townsville Qld 4814,
AUSTRALIA

PLEASE NOTE
The information contained in this email may be confidential or privileged. Any
unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you have received this email
in error, please delete it immediately and notify the sender by return email.
Thank you. To the extent permitted by law, CSIRO does not represent, warrant
and/or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained
or that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or
interference.