birding-aus

The front line begins behind the lines.

To: "'Birding-Aus'" <>
Subject: The front line begins behind the lines.
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 15:04:24 +1000
There are "good" and "bad" people in most groups. The 4WD club I most
recently was a member of, has included activities such as removal of burned
out and damaged wrecks of cars from bushland, as a community service and
contributions towards maintaining historic bush huts. I have been a member,
mainly to learn about how to handle the car in bush settings. Sometimes some
members do need just a bit of further encouragement. On one of the trips I
went on, I chastised another member for leaving his cigarette buts in the
bush. I pointed out that he had a ashtray worth about $50000 attached to the
rest of his car and that he should use that, instead of the bush (of course
I think smokers should eat their cigarette buts).

Philip