birding-aus

Updated Morcombe app - licence checking

To: <>
Subject: Updated Morcombe app - licence checking
From: "Euan Moore" <>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 12:29:59 +1000
My partner had an issue with licence validation about 2 months ago.  She
uses an android phone.

The app had been loaded about 18 months ago and there had been periodic
checks to validate the licence.  The problem became acute after the phone
had been used overseas and had had an O/S sim card for a few weeks.  We had
used the app while travelling to compare some Aus species with what we were
seeing - particularly migrants.

I suspect the issue may be related to how the app is downloaded and
installed initially.

She contacted the Morecombe support service who were very helpful.

It was finally fixed by reloading and re-installing from the App store.  It
meant repurchasing but Morecombe refunded the cost of the second purchase.
There hasn't been an issue since.

In the final email from the Morecombe helpdesk they stated...

"It will happen now and again to verify that you have paid for the
application. Unfortunately with all the hackers we need to protect our
program. It should not charge you twice though. Usually when you log into
your google account, the program automatically verify the licence.

If you have any other problem, please do not hesitate to contact us."

Regards,

Euan