birding-aus

Pink Robin in Coburg, Victoria

To: birding aus <>
Subject: Pink Robin in Coburg, Victoria
From: Nicholas Talbot <>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 20:49:54 +1000

HiI photographed a Pink Robin in my Coburg backyard this morning. It was around
my yard and the neighbours for about half an hour that i'm aware of. I've
posted the photos on the Internet Bird Collection and the links are below. It
was a real surprise to see it as it is by far the most unusual species i've
seen there. It was also my first Pink Robin outside Tasmania and my first
female or immature one as
well.http://ibc.lynxeds.com/photo/pink-robin-petroica-rodinogaster/brown-bird-perching-treehttp://ibc.lynxeds.com/photo/pink-robin-petroica-rodinogaster/brown-bird-perching-banana-leaf
 I followed that up by recording just my second Pied Currawong since moving to
Coburg.Not a bad birdwatching day considering I was working in the yard,Nick