birding-aus

Re :Fiordland Penguin in SA - did John Weigel get it?

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Re :Fiordland Penguin in SA - did John Weigel get it?
From: "Green" <>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 21:03:24 +0930
Even the locals didn't get to see it, we first heard about it when it made
front page of the Advertiser.
In regards to the NZ article, it's good to know that Mt Gambier has a beach, I
should now be able to increase the cities bird list significantly, I thought
the nearest beach was 30 km away, maybe someone needs to explain to me what
constitutes a beach??"

On a more serious note, wouldn't the process involved in getting the bird back
to NZ be filled with difficulty anyway?, like who's going to pay for the birds
care while it's in quarantine, the NZers aren't going to just allow the bird to
come off the plane and be released, it would be a very time consuming and
costly avenue to take I would imagine.

Bob Green
Mt Gambier