birding-aus

Princess Parrots, Newhaven and my website

Subject: Princess Parrots, Newhaven and my website
From: Mark Carter <>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 09:31:30 +0800
Hi Birders,
Apologies to all those who have tried to contact me with regard to the Princess
Parrots at Newhaven. Thanks to an ill-timed hosting failure my Desertlife
website and email is presently offline. I only returned from remote fieldwork
last night and discovered the scale of the problem.
I am presently full occupied with bat survey work (and the imminent arrival of
my firstborn!) in WA so I am not available for bird guiding work in the NT this
season.
In my opinion, anyone able to head out to Newhaven for the PPs should try to do
so- the reserve is a glorious place, the reserve managers are great people and
although it is still a remote location, it is comparatively accessible.
Lastly, AWC do a great job at Newhaven and all their reserves so they deserve
the help of all we birders who care about the outback.To paraphrase Bob Geldof,
'Give them your f-ing money!'

Cheers, and good luck!
Mark Carter

(by iPhone)