birding-aus

Peregrine Falcon

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Peregrine Falcon
From: Peter Morgan <>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 17:21:56 +1000
Just sitting on our deck at Brooms Head, north coast of NSW, watching a
Peregrine Falcon zooming back and forth low over the beach. Has flown over the
house 4 times, nearly taking the roof with it.  When we first saw it about 15
minutes ago, it was being pursued by a Kestrel.

Only seen a Peregrine once before out here.

Two weeks ago, we had another unusual sighting of a Brown Falcon along the road
about 400m from the coast. It was seen at about 9am add again at midday.

Peter and Bev Morgan