birding-aus

Insurance

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Insurance
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 19:14:11 +0930
Some time ago I asked if members who were guiding or interested in guiding
would like to learn about the Guiding Organisiation of Australia¹s efforts
to reduce public liability insurance premiums.

Rod Hughes, a rep of OAMPS, the firm working with GOA, will be present at
the Wildlife Tourism Australia workshop to talk about this issue and to
answer questions.  Dr. Ronda Green, the chair of WTA, has asked me to
forward the following.

Thanks
Denise L Goodfellow
Vice-chair, WTA

To help Rod prepare some ideas and possibilities, please email Rod with your
answers (Rod Hughes <>) to the following (totally
confidential and no obligation)
* Would you be interested in participating in a group public liability
insurance program that provides insurance protection to individual members
and their businesses for their Wildlife Tourism activities?
* How would you describe your Wildlife Tourism activities?  (the more detail
the better)
* Do you currently have Public Liability insurance protection for your
Wildlife Tourism activities?
* Do you have other business activities in addition to Wildlife Tourism
activities?
* If yes, what are those activities? (the more detail the better)
Even if you are not able to attend the workshop, or this particular
discussion, you can email Rod (as above) as all information will aid the
discussion (you will not be named at all - we just want to find out how many
could be interested in particular opportunities)
Ronda Green, BSc(Hons) PhD
Araucaria Ecotours
http://www.learnaboutwildlife.com <http://learnaboutwildlife.com>

ph 61 7 5544 1283
Visit us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/AraucariaEcotours
Araucaria Blog: http://araucariaecotours.com.au

Chair Wildlife Tourism Australia: http://wildlifetourism.org.au
Chair Scenic Rim Wildlife: http://scenicrim.wildlife.org.au/
Adjunct research fellow, Environmental Futures Centre,  Griffith University