birding-aus

Publishing convention re bird-names

To: Philip Veerman <>
Subject: Publishing convention re bird-names
From: John Harris <>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 15:24:53 +1000
Philip,
the text message abbreviations I can understand. It is not necessarily
laziness but, in my case anyway, a way of shortening the message to keep
under the 160 character limit for the message. Anything longer than that
gets sent as two, three or four messages and subsequently costs 2-4 times
more than just one.

As for names of organisms (let's go the whole hog!), as proper nouns they
should be capitalised as with names - philip veerman just doesn't have the
same ring-to-it! :-)

Long live the capital-isers and splitters for that matter!!

--
*Yours in all things* "*GREEN"*
**

*0409090955*
**
*President, Field Naturalists Club of Victoria*
*(www.fncv.org.au)*