birding-aus

Mount Bass Fire Trail Sandflies

To: Elizabeth Shaw <>, Shirley Cook <>, Chris Ross <>, Birding Aus <>
Subject: Mount Bass Fire Trail Sandflies
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 10:24:09 +0930
Elizabeth, suffering from diabetes, you need to be really careful.  As a
guide my clients are mainly senior Americans.  We always cover up when
spending time in mangroves.  And you could try spreading baby oil on any
exposed parts.  If you don't like that idea then do what my semi-traditional
relatives do - cover those exposed parts with mud.  It also makes for a
great talking point.
Denise
--
Denise Lawungkurr Goodfellow B.A. Grad.Dip.Arts
1/7 Songlark Street, Bakewell NT 0832, AUSTRALIA

Birdwatching and Indigenous tourism consultant
PhD Candidate (Southern Cross University, NSW)
Interpreter/transcriber, Lonely Planet Guide to Aboriginal Australia
Vice-chair, Wildlife Tourism Australia; ecotourism adviser, Mitchell Creek
Landcare
Nominated by Earthfoot (2004) for Conde Nast's Traveler International Award

"it gave me huge insight" into the lives of Aboriginal Australians
Jonathon Franzen on "Quiet Snake Dreaming".

For copies of Birds of Australia¹s Top End or Quiet Snake Dreaming, visit
amazon.com

http://www.denisegoodfellow.com.au
http://www.earthfoot.org
www.fatbirder.com/