birding-aus

Juvenile Koel call

To: "Roger Giller" <>, <>
Subject: Juvenile Koel call
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 16:48:12 +1100
Hi Roger and all,

Yes, this has also been a familiar sound around most of the Blue Mountains townships lately.

I imagine it acts as a stimulus for the host parents to feed it. Interestingly, juvenile Red Wattlebirds also have a short call which is repeated every few seconds for long periods. Of course, wattlebirds are common hosts for the Koel.

Cheers,

Carol