birding-aus

Oriental Cuckoos still present

To: jenny spry <>
Subject: Oriental Cuckoos still present
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 12:40:15 +1000
Hi Jen,

Haven't read the article but am aware of the classification problems, sad
thing is that way back in 2003 I found some feathers from one of these
cuckoos that had been harassed by a drongo, I offered it to a well-known
birding-scientist who was going to Europe to discuss bird DNA with other
experts but he was 'pushed' for time and declined the offer. At least we
might have had some idea what species we are seeing in Australia.

Oh well, maybe I will find another one day....

Tom

--