birding-aus

RE MAGPIE BILLS

To: Merrilyn Serong <>, Untitled <>
Subject: RE MAGPIE BILLS
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 19:23:22 +0930
Not a good idea to feed birds mince.  It can stick to the roof of the upper
mandible.  We used to feed our Brown Falcon diced steak dipped in egg yolk,
calcium powder and chopped feathers  Magpies might do well with a similar
diet.

--
Denise Lawungkurr Goodfellow B.A. Grad.Dip.Arts
1/7 Songlark Street, Bakewell NT 0832, AUSTRALIA

Birdwatching and Indigenous tourism consultant
PhD Candidate (Southern Cross University, NSW)
Interpreter/transcriber, Lonely Planet Guide to Aboriginal Australia
Vice-chair, Wildlife Tourism Australia
Nominated by Earthfoot (2004) for Conde Nast's Traveler International Award

http://www.denisegoodfellow.com.au
http://www.earthfoot.org
www.fatbirder.com/
For copies of Birds of Australia¹s Top End or Quiet Snake Dreaming, visit
amazon.com
http://www.facebook.com/Wildlife.Tourism.Australia
http://wildlifetourism.org.au