birding-aus

Threatened Species Photographs

To: ? birding-aus <>, <>
Subject: Threatened Species Photographs
From: Peter Ewin <>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 21:16:14 +1100
Thank you to everyone who offered photographs of Rufous Fieldwren - I got an
amazing response with some incredible photographs. Hopefully I responded
directly to everyone and I have contacted the people directly of the
photographs I have used (and raised the copyright issue as described below).

I may be pushing my luck but the response has made me thought that if anyone
has photographs of other threatened species that could be used for the
threatened species website
(http://www.threatenedspecies.environment.nsw.gov.au/tsprofile/index.aspx) - if
you have a better photograph of any species let me know and I will get it
included.

I also have a bit more information on the photograph requirements:
various formats (but not TIF) up to 2MB can be used.If relevant, it would be
(preferable to have the subspecies present in NSW (but if we have nothing
else.....)
I initially said that photographs would be for the website only, but there are
3 levels of use than can be negotiated as followsOEH copyright (the OEH image
library
has full control over the use of the image and no payment to the photographer
for future use)OEH use for non-profit education purposes. Photographer retains
copyright. Website use only, photographer retains copyright.I know this can get
messy (and I wouldn't recommend the first option as the paperwork is abyssmal)
but I would endeavour to ensure that photographers would always be acknowledged
properly (and I am prepared to be the contact to do this) if they chose the
second option.

I know the use of photographs by government agencies can be complicated, but if
anyone does want to discuss this give me a call on my work number tomorrow (03)
5021 8915.

Otherwise, thanks everyone for the amazing response first time around - I am
truly impressed at the number of great photographs out there.
Cheers,
Peter