birding-aus

Needletails

To: birding-aus <>, <>
Subject: Needletails
From: Bill Jolly <>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 07:32:18 +1000
On behalf of Trevor Ford, who is away birding, and sent this between flights in
LA:

"On Feb 6th at 7.15am, over the Sandgate exit from the Bruce Highway (so about
20 km north of Brisbane), 120 White-throated Needletails were swirling and
moving in a WNW direction. As we were stuck in a traffic jam enroute to the
airport I was able to get my bins on them to confirm the ID."

Bill Jolly