birding-aus

birding in the UK

To: "Rosemary Royle" <>, "dufton" <>
Subject: birding in the UK
From: "Peter Madvig" <>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 14:43:24 +1100
Hi all,
So many good suggestions.
I'd like to add The Scottish Seabird Centre, on the Harbour in North Berwick, Firth of Forth, about 45 mins by train east, from Edinburgh.We went late June, and went out in a Zodiac to Craigleith Island for Puffin, Razorbill, Common Guillemot, Kittiwake, European Shag, and even Fulmar. Next on to the Bass Rock, covered in snow...??? No, - 1000's of Atlantic Gannet. Easy to get to if your time is short, but, as others have said, August is too late for Puffins, etc.
www.seabird.org

Cheers
Peter Madvig