birding-aus

Status of Intermediate Egret in Souther WA?

To: <>, Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Status of Intermediate Egret in Souther WA?
From: John Graff <>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 09:49:37 +0800
Hi Dimitris, Intermediate Egret is very rare in SW WA, but off the top of my
head, there have been 3 accepted records in the last five years or so, so not
unheard of. Birding-Aus doesn't accept attachments so your photo hasn't come
through, but I would be interested in seeing it, so perhaps you could e-mail it
to me off list? In addition, I recommend e-mailing it to
 so it can be assessed by the WA sightings officer and
the rarities panel Cheers,John
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 17:11:50 +0200

Ok... I've just checked my field guides and Johnstone and Storr "WA Birds" non
passerines and they list no record for southern WA. How rare is the bird I
reported earlier?

I attach a picture of it, it's in near full breeding colours and a very
attractive bird.

Cheers,

Dimitris