birding-aus

Hillarys Pelagic - April 1st 2012

To: Birding-Aus <>, Birds WA E-Mail List <>
Subject: Hillarys Pelagic - April 1st 2012
From: John Graff <>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 11:49:51 +0800

Hi everyone,

The next pelagic trip off Perth has been scheduled for April 1st this year. We
are doing something different this year - this is only the second trip we have
run in April, with the last run over a decade ago. The trip has been timed to
coincide with the passage of jaegers off Perth, and we will hopefully see
Arctic & Pomarine Jaegers close-up, and maybe even a Long-tailed if we're
lucky. We are also hoping that a strong Leeuwin Current may produce something
different, like tropical terns and noddies or possibly even something like
Red-tailed Tropicbird, in addition to some of the usual species.

The trip will depart from Hillarys Boat Harbour at 7am and return at
approximately 3.30pm. As always, these trips are organised on a non-profit
basis with the cost of the boat shared equally by all participants. Hence, the
cost per person is dependent on the number of people on board - with a full
boat (27 people) the cost would be $110 per person, increasing if there are
fewer than 27 (e.g. if there are 25 participants, the cost is expected to be
$115)

Anyone interested in coming along should contact Alan Collins, either by e-mail
at  (preferred) or by phone on 9291 4219 to reserve a place

Cheers,
John