birding-aus

Melbourne Pacific Heron

To: Bill Stent <>,
Subject: Melbourne Pacific Heron
From: brian fleming <>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 18:08:23 +1100
It's nice to see White-necked Herons and Great Egrets about again. Circa 1970s-80s they were fairly regular winter visitors in the yarra Valley. The decade-plus of drought through the 1990s really cut their numbers. On trips to Gippsland and northern Victoria recently I have seen plenty, and last Wednesday I photographed one from the Hodgkins Rd causeway at Devilbend Reservoir.

Anthea Fleming