birding-aus

Buff-breasted Button-quail search 11-13/12/11

To: Birding Aus <>, Keith Brandwood <>
Subject: Buff-breasted Button-quail search 11-13/12/11
From: Carl Billingham <>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 22:23:50 -0800 (PST)
Thank you for your considered response Keith.  No recordings of BBBQ exist so
using playback for BBBQ is impossible.  I believed that posting my report would
provide information that would assist with research into a little known endemic
species.  Furthermore, I did not believe I was disclosing any new site
information that should be kept secret, all GPS co-ordinates provided in my
report had been posted on Birding-Aus previously except for my own sighting
which is slap bang in the middle of the others.

I haven't posted a trip report on Birding-Aus for a long time because of the
tiresome judgemental comments from self-appointed 'ethical birding police' and
based on this I have decided I wont be posting any more either.  I know I am
not alone in this regard.  Good luck to anybody else willing to stick their
necks up above the parapet in future.

Regards,

Carl