birding-aus

brown songlark - Weipa airport

To: Ben Bright <>, "" <>
Subject: brown songlark - Weipa airport
From: David James <>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 03:31:57 -0800 (PST)
Ben,

When I lived in Townsville, late 80s to early 00s, I saw Brown Songlark
regularly (seasonally?) at Giru (between Townsville and Ayr) and locations on
the coastal plain south of there. Never found it in Townsville, but had a
couple of records at 'The Orient' ,  on the coastal plain south-east of Ingham.
Have never heard of any records north of there, until now.

David James,
Sydney