birding-aus

broad-billed flycatcher on sunshine coast - Not so!

To: <>
Subject: broad-billed flycatcher on sunshine coast - Not so!
From: "Greg Roberts" <>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 16:36:14 +1000
I've heard enough to be convinced that the photographed birds are Leadens.
It appears that the tail is very good feature, and one I wasn't aware of.
The photographs sent to me show the graduation that Mike refers to (though
not in the order he gives). I've removed the blog post. This has always been
a tricky group - on this occasion I was fooled by the fact that the bills
looked huge as the birds were very close and above me in the kayak, and the
calls sounded identical to the Broad-billed playback. Greg